Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ten Home Office Ideas


My master bedroom is almost done. YAY! Soon I will be sharing some pictures. I have to confess that while I have fun doing it, sometimes I fear the final result... "What if this is not the right thing?" During these times I have to remind myself that there is no right or wrong when you are decorating your own home. Do what you like and everything will be fine! :-) Do you agree?

Anyway, as soon as I am done with my bedroom I will start my home office. I have gathered some really nice home office pictures in my inspiration file.  From these pictures I have found ten ideas to decorate a home office. Here they are...

 Idea # 1: GALLERY WALL
Do you know those wall pictures that you already have but have no place for them?  Well... I have a few of them too. Grouping them on the wall can give your office so much personality.
Idea #2: WINDOW TREATMENTS
Go for short panels if you plan to use your desk (or daybed, small shelves, seating area, etc...) under your window.
My desk will be under the window so short panels will work perfectly!
Idea #3: WALL ORGANIZERS
Wall organizers for papers and pens are great for home offices, especially when you have a small space like mine. ;-)
  
Idea # 4: COLOR SCHEME 
I will be sharing the office with my husband... So I am looking for a husband-and-wife-friendly color palette... not so girly, not so masculine... For instance, I like the color scheme in this picture: gray, white, black, and orange. Yes, I like orange... Have you noticed my blog header? :-)
 Idea #5: FLOATING SHELVES
They save space and are great for displaying your favorite objects.
Idea # 6: FLOOR BASKETS
Do you know those "homeless" items? We need them but we have no place for them! Grouping these items in baskets is a great way to organize them and incorporate them into your decor! ;-)
Idea #7: BULLETIN BOARD
Show off your DIY talent! Build a bulletin board with an old frame and burlap.
Idea #8: WALLPAPER
Covering just one wall with wallpaper is a great way to add drama to your office. Don't like the wallpaper idea? You can paint the wall to get the same wallpaper look.
 Idea #9: STORAGE CUBE SHELVES
Do you need more workspace storage? Why not cube shelves? I am a big fan of them. 
 
Home Office design by Other Metro 2.bp.blogspot.com
Via Houzz

 Idea #10: DAYBED
I do have a twin bed in my office. I am thinking seriously about building a daybed with baskets like this one in the photo... a great idea for creating more storage! ;-)

That's all for now! Hope you enjoyed all these home office ideas! ;-)

Link Up Parties:

18 comments:

  1. My favorite tip is the use of floor baskets. Perfect for keeping everything right at hand!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabriciia a prefer 2 (Windows tratament) And 3(wall organizer) for office
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing! (Visiting via The Shabby Nest)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are here! Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  4. These are such great ideas! Thank you for sharing them and for linking up! Loved 1, 5 & 6!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ideas! Going to get a new office desk soon. The before pictures of our home office is pretty sad and very unorganized. It is one of the rooms I hope to tackle in the next month or two...or three. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Can't wait to see the after pictures. I know you are very talented. :)

      Delete
  6. Great ideas, and I totally agree that if you like it, it's okay and it works. I like the idea of floor baskets, but my favorite are those wall organizers, especially that glass or acrylic personalized calendar -- that is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fabrizia! I love all the ideas. They are so inspiring.

    I'm having a GOOGLE + Social hop. I'd love for you to hop on over, grab a button and link up your Google +. If you don't have Google + it's ok, come link up your blog or favorite post.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2013/01/google-social-hop.html


    I'm also looking for Pinterest Pinners to feature every week beginning in January. If you are on Pinterest and are interested in being featured come link up! Who knows you might meet some other great pinners and gain a few great ideas.

    http://mydailyphotojourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/looking-for-pinners.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great round-up of ideas here. Do come and link it up at our party. This belongs in our Best of 2012 parade: http://www.finecraftguild.com/best-of-2012-linky-parties/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Fabrizia! Just found you through Market Yourself Monday's linkup and glad I did! I'm your newest GFC follower :)) If you'd like I'd love for you to stop by and say hello!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great inspiration. We shared your post on Friday Finds here:

    http://www.momtrends.com/2013/01/home-office-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creating a gallery wall in your home office is indeed an awesome idea. Actually, I have one in my office. There's no way for you not to take notice of it because it's a huge wall. Haha! It's one of the nicest things you'll see in my office. I have there two paintings, a photo set of my family, a quote board, and some certificates of achievements. Seeing those give me an inspiration to work hard everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you are here. Thanks for reading my blog.