Friday, April 19, 2013

Best Cleaning Product Ever! - How To Clean a Bathtub

There is no joy in cleaning a bathroom (at least not for me!). But today I felt extremely happy after finally making my bathtub white again! I have tried so many products to get rid of the stains... I have used from bleach to Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and nothing never really worked. Anyway, today (out of the blue) I thought about using baking soda. Oh yes! When I started scrubbing the tub with baking soda the magic happened. And (of course!) I had to grab my camera. ha!

After realizing it was working I took this picture...


And here you can see the final result... :-) Isn't amazing? The tub is shinny again!


All I had to do was to mix the baking soda with enough water to make a thick paste. Then I scrubbed  the tub. It's just hard work. Not complicated at all.

I guess my hero deserves a picture! :-)



My bathtub will never ever have dark stains again! It's easy to get rid of them with baking soda.

;-)

Hope you all have a nice weekend!

Linking up...

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Just baking soda, eh. I am surprised magic eraser did not work. That thing is my magic wand, so to speak. ;) Yay! for baking soda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to give it a try! What a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been dying to try this but am afraid to use on a vinyl tub. Is yours vinyl or porcelain? TYA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Emily! My bathtub is cast iron. I am not sure if baking soda would work on vinyl.

      Delete
  4. My bathtub definitely needs something like this. It's very sad and dingy looking. Thanks for the idea!


    Angela Says

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tub is looking pretty sad. I can't seem to get the grey stains off the bottom of the tub. I have used just about everything too. I am going to try baking soda. I hope it works on my tub - it isn't cast iron. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool! What a difference it made! Will try next time!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always use baking soda; it works great and is very inexpensive. Works great on a stove top and oven too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this awesome cleaning tip with us at Whatever Goes Wednesday. Your link was the most viewed at last week's party, so we'll be featuring your idea at tomorrow's party. We hope you'll come check it out and join the party again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to share. I used baking soda and sometimes vinegar. It's gives me great result.

    ReplyDelete

I am glad you are here. Thanks for reading my blog.