Before painting my bedroom, I took the plastic box off and of course, I ended up with a hole in the wall. :(
The good think is... repairing a hole in your drywall is not difficult! :-)
Here is what you need:
1. Steel Patch. I found these wall repair patches at Home Depot. They come in many different sizes and are very easy to use.
2. Patching compound
3. Putty knife and sandpaper.
Here is what you need to do:
1. Clean up the area. - Remove any loose paint, dust, and/or particles around the hole. Sand the surface around the hole if you need to.
2. Place the steel patch on the wall. - This patch comes with some sort of glue already. All you need to do is remove the paper cover from the patch and place it over the hole. The steel should face the hole while the mesh should face outward. The mesh will stick to the wall. Easy peasy!
3. Apply compound over patch. - Wait for the compound to dry and sand! For a smoother appearance you can apply more compound, wait to dry, and sand again! I used 100 grit medium sandpaper.
Wall switch looks different because of lighting but this is the same wall! :o
Link Up Parties: